What to Expect
During your visit, you and your physician will get to know each other, discuss your health concerns and your medical history, and then he / she will conduct a physical examination. Many patients find it useful to bring with them a list of their questions or concerns.
When planning your visit at the Lown Group, please consider:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Your first visit to the Lown Group will be scheduled for one hour.
- We welcome spouses, significant others, or family members who wish to accompany patients to their visits.
Your physician may request some tests during your first visit, such as an electrocardiogram (for which you simply lie still while the electric activity of your heart is recorded), or bloodchemistry tests. These tests are conducted in our office by the Lown Group’s staff of health professionals.
Cardiac testing, if required, may necessitate two separate visits. If additional testing is required, another appointment will be scheduled. Noninvasive testing is performed here at the Lown Cardiovascular Group. For other tests or specialized procedures, you may be referred to the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Our staff will assist in scheduling these tests.
What to Bring
Please be sure to bring the following with you:
- Relevant medical records from physicians or institutions not part of the Partners HealthCare System. We are able to access electronically the medical records of patients who have been previously seen at a Partners HealthCare System affiliated hospital or practice.
- Complete written list of medications and nutritional supplements (including vitamins and herbs) that you are taking.
- Questions or concerns you may have about your health.
- Your health insurance identification card(s) and photo ID.
- Referral from your primary care physician if you are enrolled in a managed care health plan. Referrals must be arranged prior to your visit. Our billing office staff are familiar with the referral requirements of most insurance carriers, and will be happy to assist you if you have any questions. You can contact us at 617-732-1318.
- Co-payment for your visit. See our Billing and Financial section for more information.
Forms for New Patients
If you are a new patient, please visit our Patient Forms page to download a few forms you should bring to your first appointment.