“>Given our passion for prevention and exercise promotion, sports cardiology is a natural extension of the Lown philosophy of promoting cardiovascular wellness. Our expertise and state-of-the-art equipment will allow us to partner with athletes and coaches to encourage safe participation and optimize performance.
Who Is This For?
Our Sports Cardiology program is designed for athletes and coaches of all ages and levels of experience:
- Recreational athletes looking to increase fitness safely and effectively
- Endurance athletes seeking to optimize performance through monitoring of VO2 max
- High school and college student athletes needing screening or clearance to return to play
- Adult athletes of all ages with existing or suspected heart disease seeking to safely participate in sports
- Older or untrained individuals, or those with unexplained symptoms (such as breathlessness, palpitations, dizziness, or chest discomfort) who wish to begin an exercise program or continue to exercise
Each member of our team has both personal and professional expertise in the unique physical and psychological demands of athletes at all levels. Our staff includes Harvard-trained, Board-certified Cardiologists who are Fellows of the American College of Cardiology and members of the ACC Sports and Exercise Section, Master’s level Exercise Physiologists, with certifications in Strength and Conditioning and Personal Training, and a Registered Dietician with extensive experience in Sports Nutrition. Brian Bilchik, MD is the Director of our Sports Cardiology program.
For further information or to schedule a consultation, please call the Lown Group at (617) 732-1318.